March 7, 2019
Today I’m talking with Matt Breitenbach with Compass in the Hamptons. Since entering his real estate career at 22 years old, he has sold over $1.5 billion in real estate and has over twelve years experience representing celebrity and luxury real estate clients. His most recent notable sales include the representation of Truman Capote’s original Hamptons estate and the sale of NBA superstar’s Jason Kidd’s Watermill Home. His reputation is for consistently carrying one of the most impressive luxury listing portfolios in the marketplace. Matt was most recently recognized and ranked by the Wall Street Journal as one of the top brokers in the country. Today we talk about billionaire and high profile clients, what’s most important when working with them.
- Matt’s story (1:09)
- Matt shares how integrity and honesty play into the sale (9:30)
- Matt walks us through why it’s important to follow up with all clients (even after the sale) (13:32)
- Matt explains the importance of building your referral network (15:25)
- Matt shares how Chris Voss, Author Never Split the Difference, has had the greatest influence on his best practices with clients (30:39)
- Matt explains how to work with high net worth individuals (35:00)
- Matt’s One Thing (46:10)
Resources / People Mentioned
- Chris Voss
- Bill Fandel
- Erin Krueger
- NBA superstar Kyrie Irving
- NBA Superstar Jason Kidd
- Truman Capote
- Never Split the Difference – Chris Voss
- “Keep it simple. Keep it honest. Listen to your client.”
Did you enjoy this episode? Then listen to:
- Brad Henderson Interview: How to construct a high performing team.
- Josh Dotoli Interview: How to Position Your Business to be a Top Real Estate Agent
- Patrick Lilly Interview: Change Your Mindset, Change Your Results.
The Jere Metcalf Podcast is designed for real estate agents who are taking their business to the next level, to help them reach their desired potential.
Join Jere each week to hear from her guests, the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world. These world-class real estate agents tell their stories, how they got into the business and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries. Subscribe now on iTunes.JereMetcalf.com or Google Play.
Thanks for listening to the Jere Metcalf Podcast.
Be sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave a rating or review!
elevate8 empowers real estate agents to elevate their career to their desired level, through a powerful network aligned with the 8 keys centered on the pillars of success upon which every world-class real estate agent’s career is built.