April 4, 2019
Back on the show today is Steve Halpern with Compass of New York City. He was the first commissioned agent to come from another company to Compass. He did the first $100k+ lease in New York City and the first multi-million dollar listing for Compass. Steve is best known for some of the most innovative, creative, and the best marketing among real estate agents in the country. In our first interview, episode 109, we talked about how risk is the real opportunity. Today, we talk about self-awareness, how to get out of your own way.
- Steve talks about his biggest challenge as a real estate agent. (3:34)
- Steve shares what motivates him. (11:16)
- Steve explains how to take opportunities and leverage them to your benefit. (16:09)
- Steve shares how he practices self-awareness. (19:46)
- Steve talks about the role meditation plays in his life. (27:36)
- Steve talks about goal setting and being dynamic. (33:10)
- Steve talks about focusing your energy and emotions on the important things. (43:26)
- Steve talks about limiting the amount of listings he does a year to keep his experience personal for his clients. (54:32)
- Steve talks about being good at what you are good at and bringing in help for the things you need help with. (59:20)
Resources / People Mentioned
- The Go-Giver – Bob Burg and John David Mann
- The Untethered Soul – Michael A. Singer
- The Surrender Experiment – Michael A. Singer
- What Got You Here, Won’t Get You There – Marshall Goldsmith and Mark Reiter
- The Code of the Extraordinary Mind – Vishen Lakhiani
- Can’t Hurt Me – David Goggins
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – Mark Manson
“Listen to yourself and be self aware. It’s okay to have a bad day, but figure out how to conquer it.”
Did you enjoy this episode? Then listen to:
- Jason O’Neil Interview: Sucess: It’s Not How, But Who
- Becky Frey Interview: How to Build a Marketing Machine That Works
- Steven Halpern Interview: How risk is the real opportunity.
The Jere Metcalf Podcast is designed for real estate agents who are taking their business to the next level, to help them reach their desired potential.
Join Jere each week to hear from her guests, the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world. These world-class real estate agents tell their stories, how they got into the business and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries. Subscribe now on iTunes.JereMetcalf.com or Google Play.
Thanks for listening to the Jere Metcalf Podcast.
Be sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave a rating or review!
elevate8 empowers real estate agents to elevate their career to their desired level, through a powerful network aligned with the 8 keys centered on the pillars of success upon which every world-class real estate agent’s career is built.