April 24, 2019
Today I am talking to Joy Bender with Compass. A top luxury real estate agent and co-founder of her team Aumann Bender & Associates. When Joy started her business in San Diego, one of the most competitive and primer luxury markets in the country, she didn’t know a single soul. Most impressive about her luxury real estate business today, is that she built it they way the everyone says building a real estate business is not possible: she did it with digital marketing. Today, Joy is San Diego’s premiere luxury real estate digital marketing expert. Until 2017, 100% of Joy’s business, all luxury clients came through her digital marketing. She has one page ranking on Google for Sand Diego luxury real estate search inquires and is a micro-influencer on Instagram with over 15k followers, and that’s just to name a couple. Among her many accomplishments, she has also been named in The Wall Street Journal as a California Top Real Estate Agent. Today Joy talks to me about how to do the impossible: how to break into luxury real estate digitally.
- Joy’s story. (1:58)
- Joy shares how she gets her leads and how she connects with them. (05:03)
- Joy tells how she gets traffic to her site, how to get traffic to stay on her site, and how to get traffic to come back to her site. (10:58)
- Joy explains why agents should have a website and put good effort into it. (11:34)
- Joy explains domain authority and how agents can impact their score. (18:36)
- Joy talks about finding your “one thing” to focus on and master. (27:50)
- Joy shares why she is obsessed with Instagram and Pinterest. (35:26)
- Joy explains her choice of social media platforms to focus on and the pros and cons of each. (44:32)
- Joy discusses scaling down the amount of leads she gets a week and creating quality over quantity. (50:20)
Resources / People Mentioned
- Real Estate Web Masters
- Sierra Interactive
- Google Pay Per Click
- Realty Times
- MOZ Domain Authority
- Follow Up Boss
- The ONE Thing – Gary Keller
“Before agents start their website, they need to figure out what their intent is with it and create a website based on their intent.”
Did you enjoy this episode? Then listen to:
- Brian Hopper Interview: Best practices from the listing appointment to technology
- Jeff Wilson Interview: Marketing that generates results.
- Amit Bhuta Interview: How to think like a consumer to double your business
The Jere Metcalf Podcast is designed for real estate agents who are taking their business to the next level, to help them reach their desired potential.
Join Jere each week to hear from her guests, the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world. These world-class real estate agents tell their stories, how they got into the business and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries. Subscribe now on iTunes.JereMetcalf.com or Google Play.
Thanks for listening to the Jere Metcalf Podcast.
Be sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave a rating or review!
elevate8 empowers real estate agents to elevate their career to their desired level, through a powerful network aligned with the 8 keys centered on the pillars of success upon which every world-class real estate agent’s career is built.