May 30, 2019
Today I’m talking with Kevin Sneddon with Compass in Manhattan and Greenwich and Founder of the Private Client Team at Compass. In his fifteen years in the business, Kevin has closed over $750 million in transactions including record breaking deals upwards of $38 million. Among Kevin’s accolades, he is ranked by the Wall Street Journal as one of the top 250 brokers in the United States. As many luxury agents, most of Kevin’s clients own homes in other parts of the country. Joining Compass, Kevin has harnessed relationships with top agents in other cities to best serve his existing clients and earn new business. Today, we talk about how he does it.
- Kevin shares how he got into the real estate brokerage arena. (4:11)
- The shift from development/builder to real estate agent. (6:41)
- When the “view of real estate” changed. (12:50)
- Why Kevin rebranded his business. (14:44)
- Why Kevin knew he needed to team up with Compass (23:00)
- Servicing a client in multiple markets. (26:20)
- The similarities and differences of real estate and corporate. (37:42)
- Kevin shares one of his greatest successes. (39:49)
- Kevin shares his favorite tools (46:10)
- Kevin and Jere talk about their favorite books (49:37)
- Kevin shares his key takeaway. (53:11)
Resources / People Mentioned
- Robert Reffkin
- Erin Krueger
- Josh Dotoli
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Compass Collections
- Compass Concierge
- Property Shark
“Get the best broker that you can. Put in the work. Specialize in what will differentiate you.”
Did you enjoy this episode? Then listen to:
- Erin Krueger Interview: How to build a team, with 450+ transactions a year.
- Josh Dotoli Interview: 4 Key Steps to Double Your Business in Less than 1 Year
- Joy Bender Interview: How to break into luxury real estate digitally.
The Jere Metcalf Podcast is designed for real estate agents who are taking their business to the next level, to help them reach their desired potential.
Join Jere each week to hear from her guests, the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world. These world-class real estate agents tell their stories, how they got into the business and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries. Subscribe now on iTunes.JereMetcalf.com or Google Play.
Thanks for listening to the Jere Metcalf Podcast.
Be sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave a rating or review!
elevate8 empowers real estate agents to elevate their career to their desired level, through a powerful network aligned with the 8 keys centered on the pillars of success upon which every world-class real estate agent’s career is built.